With the wedding and festive season around the corner, everyone is busy shopping and getting themselves ready for celebration. One important tradition for the female population in between is applying Mehendi/Henna on palms and feet. Mehendi is no longer a simple tradition, its become a fashion trend, a style statement, they use glitter, stones and different colors too. Mehendi is an inseparable part of the rich Indian culture, which has developed, changed and evolved over a long time into the mehendi we see today.So here is my compilation of Top 10 mehendi designs of 2013 you can give a try
1. Flower Mehendi Design : A simple yet beautiful symmetrical mehendi design. A flowery pattern with kalsh in the end .The fingers have a simple semi circle pattern give it a clean yet beautiful look.
2. Peacock Mehendi Design :The intricate details on this mehendi design are beautiful with a large array of details and motifs. Peacocks have been drawn on one of the palms. Peacocks are a common yet essential design in Indian Mehendi Designs. They symbolize beauty, and grace.The floral designs also include shading, giving depth to the pattern.The design ends in a beautiful elephant drawn right at the end on the arms.
3. Arabic Mehendi Design : This is Arabic style of mehendi mixed with round mehendi design to create a great combination.It may be not completely covering the hand yet the design is quite intricate.
4. Raja Rani Mehendi : This pattern is known as Raja Rani pattern of mehendi. This design here not only portrays the face of a woman and a man but a some of their clothes as well. This design extends well beyond the elbows with drums and bugles drawn in it. It is a typical wedding mehendi design.
5. Intricate Mehendi Design : This is a broad meheendi design.The special part is the dotted lines at the end and corner of the hand, giving it a different look than regular mehendi designs.The lines also create a negative space and brings out the other parts of the mehendi design. The intricate work done on the wrists is awesome.It also adorns beautiful peacocks on both the palms.
6. Diamond Mehendi Design : A typical Indian design. It is a very clean design,the mehendi design doesn’t get jumbled up.The diamond design near the wrist is very interesting and pretty.It gives the design an openness, yet keeps the entire pattern connected.
7. Maze Mehendi Design : This is the maze design. The square and the spaces create a perfect combination of full and empty. The huge flower in the corner of one hand gives this design a different look. This is a more modern design, something new, hence a must try !!
8. Pakistani Mehndi Design : This is Pakistani mehndi design fitted for special occasions like weddings. The patters are very beautiful.This too is broad style of mehndi application wherein the design is not very thin or detailed.
9. Flower Mehendi Design : Yet another simple but beautiful mehendi design. the highlight of this design is the dark almost triangular shape in the middle. Rest of the design is a simple flowery pattern to give it a chic look.
10. Glitter Mehendi Design : This is a glitter mehendi design, who doesn’t like a little bling in a wedding?? This beautiful floral design is enhanced by the use of blue, golden and red glitter. It is a very simple, sophisticated pattern, yet spells so much elegance. This is one the best design I have seen so far !
You can check out more Arabic Mehandi Designs by clicking this link.
(Image Source : Google)