Yes, this is a DIY mask using CHOCOLATE! Yes ladies, you read that right! No longer is chocolate good for soothing our bad moods or getting rid of that ever-present sweet tooth that always seems to crop up after dinner, but it is now being put to use on our skin.Sounds pretty sweet doesn’t it? Kind of like desert for the face.
Chocolate is full of antioxidants that actually gives the skin extra protection against free radicals and can nourish the skin. How??? Well you see chocolate is made from cocoa beans, a great source of polyphenols, which happen to have beneficial antioxidant properties moreover it also contains some healthy fats such as shea and cocoa butters, which help to moisturise our skin while also packing a big anti-inflammatory punch.This beauty recipe is fun to make and can be used on not only the face but also the body and makes your skin soft along with adding a glow to it.
Here are two easy DIY chocolate mask recipes –
Chocolate Honey Oatmeal Mask
- Cocoa Powder – 1/3 cup
- Honey (preferably organic) – 1/4 cup
- Heavy Cream – 3 tbsp
- Powdered Oatmeal – 2 tbsp
- Mix all your ingredients together until you have a nice paste, then evenly apply it to your face and lightly massage in avoiding the eye and lip areas.
- Then let the mask sit and soak into your skin for up to 15 minutes.Then rinse with warm water. Pat dry and apply a moisturiser.
- It goes without saying that if you feel any irritation on your skin to wash the chocolate mask off immediately.
Chocolate Honey Yoghurt Mask
- Cocoa Powder – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Yoghurt – 1 tsp
- Mix the Cocoa Powder with Honey and Yogurt, until it looks like melted chocolate.
- Clean your face and apply the mask evenly all over your face except the eye and lip area.
- Keep it for 20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water