I am a big fan of nail art and have been try some easy ones I can do at home for some time now. Over the past few weeks I have been trying this gradient nail art and have been failing miserably. Finally after all these weeks I have managed to get perfect (well almost) gradient nails today. So I thought of sharing with you some pictures and step by step tutorial to get beautiful gradient nails with you all
- Two Nail Polish (complementing colours, I have used Maybelline Color Show Coral Craze for lighter shade and one a little darker shade Maybelline Colorama Cremeso)
- Top coat
- A sponge
- A toothpick
- A plastic sheet/bag/foil paper
- Using the lighter of the two shades, paint your nails (one or two coats depending upon the colour and coverage) and let it dry complete.
- Place a plastic sheet/bag/foil on a flat surface, next pour a decent amount of both colours next to each other.Make sure they’re just about touching at the edges.
- Take a toothpick and swirl the two colours together at their shared edge. The gradient effect will be determined by how wide the area of graduation is between the two puddles of polish. So if you want a long graduation, mix a bigger section of the colours, if you want less of a fade, just mix them together a tiny bit.
- Take the sponge and dab it on to the polish.
- Now dab the sponge on your nails (one at a time).Move it in very small lengthwise strokes a few times to fix the polish onto the nail and blend it in.You can repeat this step as many times as you need to. Just make sure each layer is completely dry before sponging again.
- Once all layers of polish are dry apply the top coat.You may need to brush on several layers of top coat. The sponging technique produces a bumpy surface, and it may take more than a single layer of top coat to even this surface out.
- Use a fine-tip brush dipped in nail polish remover to clean excess nail polish off your cuticles. And your gradient nails are ready.
Like my Facebook Page by clicking here for more updates on new easy nail art and make-up tips.