How To Make Vegetable Gold Coin
Vegetable gold coin may not be the healthiest of the snack but it definitely tastes delicious.There are a lot of ways to make this dish, and today I am going to share with you all my version of vegetable gold coin. I have used onions, tomato and capsicum for the filling, but you can use any other vegetables too like carrots, beans or even potato. It is a very basic recipe you can make for breakfast or evening snack.
- Onions – 1/2 Cup (chopped)
- Tomato – 1/2 Cup (chopped)
- Capsicum – 1/4 Cup (chopped)
- All Purpose Flour – 1/2 Cup
- Suji (Semolina) – 1/4 Cup
- Bread – 5- 6 slices
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – according to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Cut out a circle from each bread slice using a biscuit/round cutter.
- In a bowl, add onions, tomato and capsicum.
- Next add flour and semolina to the veggies.Mix everything with a tbsp of water. The consistency should be thick and sticky.
- Add salt, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Spread a little of the filling mixture on each circle, and press well by hand.
- Deep fry the bread circles in hot oil till they are golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chilli sauce.