Recipe : Hara Bhara Kebab
Hara Bhara Kebab is an essential vegetarian kebab, loved by people all over India. It is a perfect snack or starter recipe, made out of potatoes, spinach and green peas and quite healthy too (if you leave the deep frying part apart). It is one of the most popular vegetarian kebab all over the world and you will find them on the menu list of all North Indian restaurants.
- Spinach – 1 bunch
- Potatoes – 3 (medium sized, boiled& grated)
- Peas – 3/4 cup (boiled)
- Ginger Garlic Chilli Paste – 2 tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
- Sal – according to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Blanch the spinach. Once done, finely chop the spinach and keep aside.
- In a pan roast gram flour, till you get a nutty fragrance.Keep aside.
- Now, in a bowl add grated potatoes, finely chopped spinach, boiled peas.
- Add ginger garlic chilli paste,salt and chaat masala.
- Mash, everything with the help of a potato masher.
- Add roasted gram flour, and mix well.
- Make medium sized patties from the mixture.
- Deep Fry/Shallow Fry in hot oil till golden and crisp. Serve hot.