Recipe : Coconut Ladoos
For my first post I’m sharing a very simple yet fit for king recipe! Its not my own recipe but I think everyone should try this because it is so easy and quick to prepare and is very delish!
- 2 cup desiccated coconut or 2 freshly grated coconut
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1cup milk powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamon powder
Preparation timings- 30 minutes (if using grated coconut) or just 5 minutes (if using desiccated coconut)
Cooking timings- 15 minutes
Makes– 25 Ladoos
- Grate coconut and squeeze out all the milk using a squeezer! ( skip this step if you’re using desiccated coconut)
- Keep all the main ingredients near you cooking pan as you have to stir the mixture continuously
- Keep a saucepan on medium heat
- Add condensed milk in it
- Add coconut
- Add milk powder
- Add cardamon powder
- Stir continuously until the mixture get thick and leaves the side of the pan
- Put off the flame!
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl so that it cools down
- Once the mixture cools down, start making small balls using your palm with very light pressure
- Voila!!Your coconut ladoos are done! But no dish is complete with decoration right? So now we are going to decorate it a bit now!
(NOTE- Adding coconut before milk powder might lead in lumping of the milk powder! As I was in a hurry I added coconut before! But I highly advise you all to add the milk powder first!)
For Decorating and garnishing
- ½ cup dry coconut
- Finely sliced almond
- Grate dry coconut
- Saute your dry coconut on low flame (no ghee/oil required)
- Turn off the heat when the coconut turns light brown
- Transfer into a plate
- Take one laddo at a time and roll it over the sauteed dry coconut
- Keep sliced almond on the top of the laddo
- Keep your ladoos on a serving plate! I’m using silicone cupcake mold for serving! I think it look super cute and make your ladoos more desirable!
- And now finally your ladoos are ready to be eaten!
I really really enjoyed writing and taking pictures for the post! If you enjoyed reading it then show some love by commenting below!