Recipe : Veg Sweet Corn Soup
Sweet Corn Soup is one of the most popular chinese soups in India. It is wholesome bowl of goodness, which every one loves. A comforting, thick and filling vegetarian soup without being heavy made with cream style corn, veggies and stock. Many of you prefer to prepare your own cream style corn but I always stick to buying the ready made cream style corn. You can add boiled chicken pieces to this recipe to make it Chicken Sweet Corn Soup too.
- Sweet Corn (Cream Style) – 1
- Sweet Corn Kernels – 1/4 cup (boiled)
- Cabbage – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- French Beans – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Carrots – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Spring Onion (Greens) – 2 tbsp
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp (dissolved in water)
- Vegetable Stock – 5 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder- a pinch
- Salt – according to taste
- In a pan, mix cream style sweet corn and stock, till all the lumps are gone. This may take a little time, so mix well.
- Add rest of the vegetables including boiled sweet corn and cook on medium flame for 6-7 minutes.
- Add sugar,salt and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add cornflour mixture and stir well, till the soup thickens.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.